Andy Read is a Principal and Broker for Caldecott Properties. Andy specializes in real property sales in the East Bay including single family homes, condominiums, lofts and development sites.
Get to know Andy Read
Andy Read is the Managing Broker of Caldecott Properties and was a founding partner when Caldecott Properties began in 2005. Andy manages a team of 30 licensed sales associates and has brokered $350MM+ in sales and 300+ rental transactions for Caldecott.
Andy specializes in real property sales in the East Bay including single family homes, condominiums, lofts and development sites. Since 2002, Andy has sold over $200MM of real estate in the East Bay.
Andy began his real estate career in 2001 as a licensed Sales Associate in New York for Fenwick-Keats, a residential brokerage in Manhattan.
In 2002, Andy returned to the East Bay and was a Senior Sales Associate for Lofts Unlimited / Urban Bay Properties in Oakland.
Prior to his real estate career, Andy worked in San Francisco for advertising agencies Hampel/Stefanides and Goldberg, Moser, O'Neal (GMO) where he planned, managed and purchased annual media plans in excess of $50MM for clients including Dell Computers, NEC and Beringer Wine Estates.
Andy was born in Berkeley, raised in Orinda, and is a graduate of U.C. Davis with B.A. degrees in Sociology-Economic Organizations and Philosophy.
Andy donates a portion of each of his sales transactions to Berkeley's East Bay Humane Society, the East Bay's only no-kill animal shelter.
Memberships, Affiliations & Honors:
* Oakland Association of Realtors®, 2002 - present
* Berkeley Association of Realtors®, 2007 - 2010
* Contra Costa Association of Realtors®, 2010 - present
* North Bay Association of Realtors®, 2010 - present
* California Association of Realtors®, 2002 - present
* National Association of Realtors®, 2002 - present
* Rental Housing Association of Northern California, 2007 - present
* National & California Apartment Associations, 2007 - present
* Urban Land Institute, 2007 - 2009
* Commonwealth Club of California, 2007 - 2010
* Oakland Builders Alliance, Boardmember, 2008 - present
* C.A.R. Legislative Liaison, 2009 – present
* ProAgent Magazine "Agent of the Month", January, 2010
* HUD Registered Broker, 2010 - present
* East Bay Symphony Business in the Arts Networking Circle, 2010 - present
* Moraga Chamber of Commerce, 2010 - present
* Oakland Grown, Independent & Locally Owned Businesses, 2010 - present
* National Association of Broker Price Opinion Professionals, 2011 - present
* Contributing Author, "Luxury Home Selling Master", 2014 (Amazon Top 100)
Andy Read's Blog Posts
Oakland, Berkeley, Piedmont, Emeryville, Orinda, Lafayette, Moraga and Walnut Creek.