|location_on Burnsville, MN — Stage My Home|
|web Karie Waters's (stage-my-home) Blog|
Home staging works! I have been an Interior Designer for more than 17 years and would love to bring my expertise to you to help Stage your listings. Here are the top Ten reasons you should stage a home.
Top Ten Reasons You Should Professionally Stage Your Home…
1. You will make more money. U.S. Housing and Urban Development reports that a staged home will sell, on average, 17% higher than an un-staged home.
2. Your house will sell faster, which equals less headaches and hassles. The New York Village Voice reported that the average number of days an un-staged home is on the market is 30.9 versus 13.9 for a staged home.
3. The cost of staging doesn’t cost a dime. In a 2007 Home Gain Survey of over 2000 realtors, it was discovered that sellers who spent typically $500 on staging services for their home recovered over 343% of the cost in the sale of their home.
4. Most home sellers cannot view their house objectively. If you can’t see objectively, you can’t package effectively. Have a staging professional get your home into its most advantageous condition for showing.
5. You’ll have less guesswork and “Do It Yourself “work. A professional home stager can manage your projects from start to finish. Or, they can give you a detailed enough report based on their extensive knowledge and training to have you “do it yourself”.
6. Only 10% of home buyers can visualize the potential of a home. This is why staging a home is critical! You don’t want the advantages of your home overlooked and left up to the buyer’s imagination.
7. The longer your home is on the market, the lower the price will be. So stage first! According to a National Association of Realtors survey, homes that sold after four weeks on the market sold for 6% less than ones within the first four weeks! Don’t be in a position where you have to lower your price. Have your house staged first!
8. The money you make may be tax-free. The money you spend is tax deductible. Take advantage of a possible tax-free capital gain by getting every dollar possible!
9. Leaving your house in “as is” condition will help sell the competition. Right now the number of homes for sale on the market is at a record high. Competition is stiff and buyers have very high expectations. Successful agents know that the key to selling competing is professional staging.
10. You can relax. You will have the satisfaction of knowing you have done absolutely everything possible to affect a quick sale of your most valuable commodity and for top dollar!
I am a Home Stager and would love to help you get top dollar for your listings. Give me a call and I can tell you how we can stage homes for more profit.