Modesto, CA Real Estate News

By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Best Sushi in Modesto Ca   Osaka Sushi, Best Sushi in Modesto   Where: 2402 McHenry Ave, Modesto Ca 95350 Lunch Hours: T-F 11am-2:30pm Dinner Hours: T-F 4:30pm - 9:00pm Sat: 12pm -9:30pm Sun: 12pm - 8:30p Closed Mondays What: Sushi  (Check out Osaka Sushi's Menu) Phone: 209-526-3368 Specializing in Delicious Sushi If you are looking for great sushi in Modesto Ca, I recommend Osaka Sushi on McHenry Ave.  I have been there several times of the last couple of years and have not been disappointed.   My favorites so far are the Firecracker Roll and the Snow White Roll.  Everything is fresh and delicious.   The service is excellent and very friendly.  Osaka Sushi is open for lunch and dinner 6 days a week.  They are closed on Mondays.  They have limited seating at the Sushi bar but plenty of ...
Comments 2
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - December 2012 - MODESTO   The sales figures for Modesto California for December 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.     Total Sales - 221   (255 sold in December 2011)   Bank owned Sales December 2012 - 43  which was 19% of all sales.   Bank owned Sales December 2011 - 100  which was 39% of all sales.   Short Sales December 2012 - 69 which was 31% of all sales.   Short Sales December 2011 - 70 which was 27% of all sales.   Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 50% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto during December 2012 was $20,000.    The highest price home sold in Modesto during December 2012 was $725,000   The median home price in Modesto during December 2012 was $155,000...
Comments 0
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Santaland Diaries comes to Modesto's Prospect Theater Project   If you are looking for something to do this coming weekend you might want to check out The Santaland Diaries at Modesto's Prospect Theater Project.   Shows are December 13th through the 16th.   The Prospect Theater is an intimate venue.  There is not a bad seat in the house and the productions are professional and top notch.  I have been to several productions there are have always enjoyed them.  The Prospect Theater is located at 520 Scenic Dr in Modesto. The Santaland Diaries was written by David Sedaris about his working stint as a Christmas Elf at Macy's.  The play debuted on November 7,1996.  Modesto's own Timothy Olyphant was in that first production.  Be sure to check the Prospect Theater Project's website for times ...
Comments 2
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Christmas at the McHenry Mansion   Downtown Modesto's McHenry Mansion will be open the next three Saturdays, December 8th,15th and 22nd, for tours.  The mansion is currently decorated in all of it's Christmas finery.  This is your chance to see how Christmas was celebrated back in the late 1800's in Stanislaus County.   This beautifully restored 1883 Victorian will also host a tea on December 10,2012.  See the McHenry Mansion's events page for more information.  No Stanislaus County Holiday Season is complete without a trip to the McHenry Mansion. The McHenry Mansion is located at 906 15th Street in downtown Modesto.
Comments 0
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - November 2012 - MODESTO   The sales figures for Modesto California for November 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.       Total Sales - 230   (259 sold in November 2011)   Bank owned Sales 2012 - 51  which was 22% of all sales.   Bank owned Sales 2011 - 94  which was 36% of all sales. Short Sales 2012 - 58 which was 25% of all sales.   Short Sales 2011 - 69 which was 27% of all sales.   Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 47% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto during November 2012 was $32,000.      The highest price home sold in Modesto during November 2012 was $765,000   The median home price in Modesto during November 2012 was $137,000   The average days on the market w...
Comments 2
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - October 2012 - MODESTO   The sales figures for Modesto California for October 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.       Total Sales - 212   (246 sold in October 2011)   Bank owned Sales 2012 - 27  which was 13% of all sales. Bank owned Sales 2011 - 92  which was 37% of all sales.   Short Sales 2012 - 81 which was 38% of all sales. Short Sales 2011 - 63 which was 26% of all sales.     Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 51% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto during October 2012 was $16,000.    The highest price home sold in Modesto during October 2012 was $519,000   The median home price in Modesto during October 2012 was $143,300   The average days on the market was 39.  ...
Comments 2
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - September 2012 - MODESTO     The sales figures for Modesto California for September 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.       Total Sales - 201   (245 sold in September 2011)   Bank owned Sales - 41  which was 20% of all sales.   Short Sales - 63 which was 31% of all sales    Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 51% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto duringSeptember 2012 was $28,500.      The highest price home sold in Modesto during September 2012 was $550,000   The median home price in Modesto during September 2012 was $140,000   The average days on the market was 37.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Modesto in September 2012 was quite lower than last year.  ...
Comments 4
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Rock of Ages Coming to Modesto's Gallo Center for the Arts   Do you remember the hair bands of the 1980's?   Do you remember having hair in the 1980's?   If you would like to relive the 80's and big hair the Gallo Center for the Arts is the place to do it.      The Tony nominated show features music from Journey, Night Ranger, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Poison, Asia, Whitesnake and others.   The musical will be playing three nights next weekend in downtown Modesto.     Show days and times are:   Friday  September 21st at 8pm Saturday  September 22nd at  2 pm and 8 pm Sunday  September 23rd at 7pm Tickets are still available for the Friday and Saturday shows and can be purchased at the Gallo Center for the Arts Website.  Be sure to check out all the other great sh...
Comments 0
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - August 2012 - MODESTO     The sales figures for Modesto California for August 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.       Total Sales - 223   (269 sold in August 2011)   Bank owned Sales - 48  which was 22% of all sales.   Short Sales - 71 which was 32% of all sales    Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 54% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto during August 2012 was $39,000.      The highest price home sold in Modesto during August 2012 was $565,000   The median home price in Modesto during August 2012 was $144,000   The average days on the market was 50.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Modesto in August 2012 was quite a bit lower than last year.  Distressed sal...
Comments 7
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - July 2012 - MODESTO   The sales figures for Modesto California for July 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.     Total Sales - 223   (226 sold in July 2011)   Bank owned Sales - 60  which was 27% of all sales.   Short Sales - 72 which was 32% of all sales    Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 58% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto duringJuly 2012 was $45,100.      The highest price home sold in Modesto during July 2012 was $687,000   The median home price in Modesto during July 2012 was $136,000   The average days on the market was 54.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Modesto in July 2012 was nearly the same as last year.  Distressed sales are still the majori...
Comments 2
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - June 2012 - MODESTO   The sales figures for Modesto California for June 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.     Total Sales - 244   (253 sold in June 2011)   Bank owned Sales - 70  which was 29% of all sales.   Short Sales - 81 which was 33% of all sales    Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 62% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto during June 2012 was $24,000.      The highest price home sold in Modesto during June 2012 was $618,000   The median home price in Modesto during June 2012 was $130,500   The average days on the market was 60.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Modesto in June 2012 was nearly the same as last year.  Distressed sales are still the major...
Comments 3
By DAdrea Davie, Stanislaus & San Joaquin Short Sale Agent
(Keller Williams Realty)
The market has changed to a sellers' market. A sellers market is when there are more buyers in the market than available inventory. Which sums up to the higher home prices due to more demand than supply. In this current market, sellers are receiving multiple offers from homebuyers, which makes the market more competitive. If you are a FHA financing recepient...I've compiled some tips that may make your offer more attractive: Choose your agent wisely: Choosing an agent that is familar with the FHA process, rules, and regulations will save a home buyer a lot of time. The right agent will know which properties will qualify for FHA financing. It is important to note that distressed homes are sold As-Is, so chosing a home that meets FHA requirements is half the battle.  Homebuyers...be sure ...
Comments 2
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Fourth of July Events in Modesto Ca   This year in Modesto will mark the 138th annual Fourth of July Celebration Parade.   The theme for the 2012 parade is "America The Beautiful."  The parade in Downtown Modesto starts at 10am on the Fourth of July.  The starting point is 10th and F streets and the parade eventually ends up at 17th and Ist.   A tradition with the Modesto Independence Day parade is a float that is reserved for those born on the Fourth of July.   The Modesto Farmers Market will also be open on the Fourth from 6:00am to 1:00pm.   The market will be located on I street between 10th and 11th streets.   The market will be featuring locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables.  Maybe you can pick up something at the market for your Independence Day BBQ.   While there will not b...
Comments 0
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - May 2012 - MODESTO   The sales figures for Modesto California for May 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.     Total Sales - 245   (239 sold in May 2011)   Bank owned Sales - 86  which was 35% of all sales.   Short Sales - 65 which was 27% of all sales    Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 62% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto during May 2012 was $31,000.      The highest price home sold in Modesto during May 2012 was $431,000   The median home price in Modesto during May 2012 was $129,900   The average days on the market was 56.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Modesto in May 2012 was nearly the same as last year.  Distressed sales are still the majority of ...
Comments 0
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Farmers Markets and Fruit Stands in Stanislaus County - Part 3 Part 3 of my Stanislaus County Farmers Market series is about the Modesto Certified Farmers Market.  This market is held every Thursday and Saturday in downtown Modesto and runs from 7am to 1pm. This market has been existence for more than 30 years having been established in 1979.  The market is held on 16th St between H and I streets. In addition to all of the fresh fruits and vegetable stands there are several food vendors at this market.  One of my favorites is the Greens Market booth where I enjoyed a breakfast wrap along with some Killer Bacon on a Stick.   And oh yeah, a salted caramel brownie too. Another feature of this market are the cooking demonstrations by local chefs.  The chefs at each market will make somethin...
Comments 3
By Mike Young, FHA 203k Consultant 916-758-1809
(203kOnLine.com, covering the USA)
I'm sorry that I haven't had much time to write a blog post and hope to have some time to do so this weekend. Wow, it is getting so my wife hardly recognizes me lately. lol - I'm not complaining, I'd much rather be busy than not. We have some very interesting homes going on right now, one in the Oakland Hills that is huge. An older home had been razed and a new home started in it's place, If there was a piece of the foundation it wasn't available for viewing at the time of my inspection. In any case for other reasons it became a conventional loan and is proceeding as a conventional deal. Yes, it still needs to be completed. The Fannie Mae "HomeStyle" loan program  works just like the FHA 203k and we consult for both. It has some other nuances that make it more advantageous  under certai...
Comments 2
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales for April 2012 - MODESTO   The sales figures for Modesto California for April 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.     Total Sales - 261   (231 sold in April 2011)   Bank owned Sales - 96  which was 37% of all sales.   Short Sales - 61 which was 23% of all sales   Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 60% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto during April 2012 was $22,500.      The highest price home sold in Modesto during April 2012 was $950,500   The median home price in Modesto during April 2012 was $132,400   The average days on the market was 57.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Modesto in April 2012 was slightly higher than last year.  Distressed sales are still...
Comments 1
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Farmers Markets and Fruit Stands in Stanislaus County - Part 1 In my part of the world here in California we are world famous for the variety of crops grown here.  Northern and Central California including Stanislaus County is among the worlds leaders in several crops.   Among the crops grown here are almonds, walnuts, peaches, apricots, nectarines, cherries, strawberries, pistachios, melons and lots and lots of other things. Another thing we are famous for are many road side fruit stands and several farmers markets.  In this part of the state you can go to a different farmers market almost every day of the week.  On some days you can even find more than one farmers market. This is the first post of what will be several about area farmers markets.  Today's farmers market is the one held...
Comments 3
By Andy Lee
(Andy Lee Finish Carpentry)
Modesto CA Real Estate Buy! That's what everyone has been thinking these last few years with Modesto CA Real Estate. It's a buyers market for low priced single family homes. The median price for homes in Modesto CA is approximately 130k. That's not a bad price to live in an area just miles East to the Sierra mountains with ski resorts, camping and fishing! A two hour drive West and you'll be at the mighty Pacific ocean!      In Modesto CA, real estate drove most residents here from the bay area. It was clearly cheaper to live here and drive to the bay area than it was to live over there. The economy here thrives on agriculture, Nuts to be exact. So many nuts that we have a baseball team called, "Modesto Nuts". It's not a large enough industry to employ as many people as the silicon vall...
Comments 1
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales for March 2012 - MODESTO   The sales figures for Modesto California for March 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Modesto.     Total Sales - 245   (238 sold in March 2011)   Bank owned Sales - 97  which was 40% of all sales.   Short Sales - 69 which was 28% of all sales   Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 68% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Modesto during March 2012 was $32,000.      The highest price home sold in Modesto during March 2012 was $525,500   The median home price in Modesto during March 2012 was $115,000   The average days on the market was 61.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Modesto in March 2012 was slightly higher than last year.  Distressed sales are still...
Comments 3