Nancy Robinson Ranked #6 in MI, #11 Century21 Realtor in the US, #16 in the World (Century 21 Town and Country)

Spam prevention
Rainmaker
2,224,473
Debbie Laity
Cedaredge Land Company - Cedaredge, CO
Your Real Estate Resource for Delta County, CO

What is the response deadline in your contract. We have that here in Coloroado. If that date goes by, I might reach out to the broker. That is if you have tried in all ways to reach out to the listing broker. 

May 05, 2015 03:07 PM
Rainer
216,904
Sharon Altier
Coldwell Banker Realty - Elmhurst, IL
Luxury Property Specialist, CSC, SFR

Give them at least 24 hours to get back to you.  Of course I would make sure I have documented evidence of my attempts.  One way to protect yourself is by verbiage in your offer of timing for reply.  Agents do not like to be the one to drop the ball and potentially lose a deal.  Thereafter, tactfully contact broker...there very well could be a personal reason on agent or their client's part that is delaying the response.  However, they still should contact you and tell you circumstances are delaying a reply.  Good luck!

May 05, 2015 01:42 PM
Rainer
61,641
Renee Paray
Coldwell Banker Realty - Blue Bell, PA
REALTOR

I have had this happen to me earlier this year. I had called, emailed, texted for two days without any returned call, email, text, etc... I finally called the broker and they were able to track down the agent within 3 hours. 

May 05, 2015 12:07 PM
Rainmaker
443,220
Cindy Davis
SD Home Source Realty - San Diego, CA

After 2 - 3 days, I would definitely call the broker or sales manager. Before you do that however, I would call the agent (or text) and ask if they received the offer. Just a few days ago, an agent called, had sent an offer, and I hadn't received it.

May 05, 2015 11:30 AM
Rainer
509,531
S. Leanne Paynter ☼ Broward County, FL
United Realty Group, Inc. - Davie, FL
Davie, Plantation, Cooper City & Weston Specialist

I would try contacting the agent every way possible (call all phone numbers -- cell/office, email, text) before calling their broker.  I think if I didn't get any response within a day of doing that, I would contact the broker.  You never know what could be happening in that agent's life during that time that they are not responding as should be expected.  We are human, after all.

May 05, 2015 11:28 AM
Rainmaker
5,846,708
Joan Cox
House to Home, Inc. - Denver Real Estate - 720-231-6373 - Denver, CO
Denver Real Estate - Selling One Home at a Time

That is a great question, and probably would email and text before calling managing broker.    I would wait 24 hours.

May 05, 2015 11:17 AM
Rainmaker
4,800,082
Gabe Sanders
Real Estate of Florida specializing in Martin County Residential Homes, Condos and Land Sales - Stuart, FL
Stuart Florida Real Estate

I would.  I think 24 hours is more than enough time.

Nov 16, 2018 05:27 AM
Rainmaker
3,071,489
Tony and Suzanne Marriott, Associate Brokers
Serving the Greater Phoenix and Scottsdale Metropolitan Area - Scottsdale, AZ
Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty

Spirit nailed this one!

 

Nov 03, 2017 03:44 AM
Rainmaker
175,614
Spirit Messingham
Tierra Antigua Realty - Tucson, AZ
Third Generation Full-Time Realtor® 520 471-6900

Yes.  No response within 24 hours, as per our local MLS agent can go to broker, and if no response they can actually contact the seller directly. 

May 06, 2015 11:18 AM
Rainer
67,369
Evelyn M Epperson
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Johns Creek, GA
A Tradition Of [Excellence, Trust & Service]

I would call the listing agent first, then his/her office to see if she/he is out of town etc.   But I will continue to call the agent.  I have never call the broker for an agent not getting back to me within 24 hours.  

May 06, 2015 02:17 AM
Rainmaker
699,277
Chris and Dick Dovorany
Homes for Sale in Naples, Bonita Springs and Estero, Florida - Naples, FL
Broker/Associate at Premiere Plus Realty

Thats a question you should ask your broker.

May 06, 2015 12:52 AM
Rainmaker
921,404
Annette Lawrence , Palm Harbor, FL 727-420-4041
ReMax Realtec Group - Palm Harbor, FL
Making FLORIDA Real Estate EZ

Option 1.

I would contact the agents office for the purpose of identifying a reliable way to reach the agent. Advise the office or broker you have an offer to submit and believe the published communication channels are faulty.

Option 2

There are many instances where text messages and emails simply don't get to where they need to be, when you want them to be there.

Now, there is another parallel channel to pursue by a good friend that should result in the agent calling you. (always works if not in hospital)

Option 3

Throw the agent under the bus and "tell on" the agent to their broker.

May 05, 2015 11:06 PM
Rainmaker
1,466,207
Michael Setunsky
Woodbridge, VA
Your Commercial Real Estate Link to Northern VA

Nancy Robinson I believe 24 hours is long enough to wait especially if the agent in non-responsive. Call their broker to have him/her explain why the agent is non-responsive.

May 05, 2015 11:00 PM
Rainmaker
5,583,167
Barbara Todaro
RE/MAX Executive Realty - Happily Retired - Franklin, MA
Previously Affiliated with The Todaro Team

especially in a seller's market where there's a shortage of listings, I'd be calling the broker/owner in less time than 24 hours.....

May 05, 2015 10:25 PM
Rainmaker
5,095,661
Nina Hollander, Broker
Coldwell Banker Realty - Charlotte, NC
Your Greater Charlotte Realtor

I would probably have my broker in charge call her broker in charge. That's what they are there for to some degree.

May 05, 2015 10:22 PM
Rainmaker
4,434,127
Gita Bantwal
RE/MAX Centre Realtors - Warwick, PA
REALTOR,ABR,CRS,SRES,GRI - Bucks County & Philadel

If it is a hot seller's market you can't wait too long. If you request a reply by a certain time and there is no response you should call after 24 hours.I agree with Debbie.

May 05, 2015 09:50 PM
Rainmaker
2,759,787
TeamCHI - Complete Home Inspections, Inc.
Complete Home Inspections, Inc. - Brentwood, TN
Home Inspectons - Nashville, TN area - 615.661.029

I would think that this agent is a goofball. Contact their broker in charge.

May 05, 2015 06:43 PM
Rainmaker
979,296
Troy Erickson AZ Realtor (602) 295-6807
HomeSmart - Chandler, AZ
Your Chandler, Ahwatukee, and East Valley Realtor

Nancy - This happens more often than you would think, especially when the listing agent and home seller have already accepted another offer.

I usually wait until the terms of acceptance date has expired, and if I do not hear from the listing agent, I will try and call, email, and text them to see what happened. I will do this a couple times within a 24 hour period, and if they do not respond, then I will attempt to contact their broker.

Like I said, more often than not, they did not respond because they had accepted another offer. I personally would contact the other buyers agents and let them know that another offer was accepted out of professional courtesy.

May 05, 2015 02:49 PM
Rainmaker
2,443,200
Evelyn Johnston
Friends & Neighbors Real Estate - Elkhart, IN
The People You Know, Like and Trust!

I may want to let the Broker know before I submit it if that agent is known not to reply.

May 05, 2015 01:09 PM
Rainmaker
3,988,007
Debbie Reynolds, C21 Platinum Properties
Platinum Properties- (931)771-9070 - Clarksville, TN
The Dedicated Clarksville TN Realtor-(931)320-6730

24 hours is long enough to reach out to others that could find the agent or take charge and get the offer beofre the seller.

May 05, 2015 12:14 PM
Rainmaker
1,771,867
Noah Seidenberg
Coldwell Banker - Evanston, IL
Chicagoland and Suburbs (800) 858-7917

Yes but make sure you have documentation that you already tried contacting them like in sent emails. Time is of the essence in selling real estate and being aggressive is warranted IMO.

May 05, 2015 11:43 AM